Sunday, March 4, 2012

~Family~

What makes a "functional" family? I have often thought about how functional, sometimes dysfunctional, my family was when I was growing up and how that will affect my new family that I have started. Growing up, my family was not all together. My dad traveled Monday thru Friday selling farm equpiment, my mom worked at a regular 7-3 job Monday thru Friday. My siblings are much older than me. My brother is 18 years older than me and my sister is 15 years older than me. Having siblings that much older than me made me feel like an only child. It was as though I had 2 sets of parents, not a set of siblings and a seperate set of parents. For me, that made for a dysfunctional family at times. Families can have moments of dysfunction, but that does not label that family as "dysfunctional".
Having my family that spread out, makes me wonder how my new family will turn out. So far it has been a dream! Not to brag, but my son is sent from Heaven. He sleeps all night, is never crabby and is always smiling, and is the best eater I have ever seen. My husband tries his hardest to give us everything, which is just like my dad did when I was growing up. I do the best I can for my husband when he gets home. I make sure supper is on the table and the house is picked up just as my mom did. I feel that when you move out and get married, you act just like your own parents did. I took the role like my mother and did everything she did and still does, while Taylor(My husband) cares for us like my dad did.

No comments:

Post a Comment