Sunday, February 26, 2012

Virtual Love

For this weeks love, I was a little stuck, so I decided to elaborate on virtual love.

As I was reading others comments on the virtual love discussion, I wondered how effective internet dating really is. I was thinking how when my husband and I started dating and how often we texted and talked on the phone. I think for the first month, we spent the majority of our meaningful conversations through text messages. I find it so crazy how I could say so many meaningful things through those messages, but was so afraid of the rejection face to face, or even hearing it on the phone. As I have talked with my other friends about this topic, they have also agreed with me that they can say so many things over text messages rather than in person or on the phone.

One thing about virtual love that I don't really understand is the E-Harmony and Zoosk dating services. How effective are those sites? I would be so afraid that my profile, or my name even, would get in the wrong hands. Then you have stalkers and creeps on your hands. How do you know if all the things they are telling you are real? How many of those people are just telling you what you want to hear and not the actual truth? Like a man being a doctor, or a woman being a dancer in Vegas. There is no actual way of knowing what is the truth and what is a lie. I have heard so many people making fake profiles because they are scared of someone knowing them personally and being embarassed, or someone talking their identity. For me I would advise people to NOT be on those websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment