Monday, April 23, 2012

Drug Testing for Welfare

For my argumentive paper, I am choosing to write about a current issue with having people take and pass drug tests to receive welfare. I did a lot of research of how people think it is against their rights and what not, but I feel it is so unfare for people to be able to use that money to buy drugs and alcohol rather than buy food for their children! How is it that the state allows this stuff to happen!? It really bothers me that anyone would be against the drug testing. I would rather pay a few extra bucks every month to go towards the drug testing than go to bed at night knowing that the money for those kids is being used for drugs. I feel the only people who are against this are the ones who truly are abusing the system. The welfare system is there for people to use to get back on their feet. So many people are using it to live off of for years on end with no intention of getting a job at all. I also feel that with the drug testing, the state should be doing more thorough check ups on the families receiving welfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment