Sunday, January 22, 2012

My College Experience

When I first started looking into going to college was my senior year of high school. I was at the point where I wanted to go somewhere close but still get a good education at a place not all my friends were going to. I wanted that distance, since "distance makes the heart grow fonder". I took a tour of RCTC and decided this is where I wanted to go for Social Work. I applied, and got into the Human Services part of the program. In the summer when I graduated, my boyfriend (at the time, who I am now proud to call my husband Taylor) decided to get an apartment in St. Charles, MN. Well in August I started my very first semester of college.
After about a month into college, I decided I no longer wanted to go for Social Work and that I just wanted to get my diploma in Human Services. I also had considered moving to a different state to go to school hoping to rodeo at some college. Well about a week after I had all these thoughts rolling around in my brain, I found out I was pregnant! What a surprise! This meant so many changes were going to happen.
I finished out my first semester with flying colors. I was enjoying my break from school in the winter. Taylor and I then moved back to my hometown, Rushford. We moved out to my parents hobby farm so someone would be out there to keep things up.
I was getting ready to start my second semester of college and decided to sell my car. Like I said, many things were going to happen. Just as I was thinking of selling my car, my transmission went out! Perfect timing! At the end of my second semester, I married Taylor on May 7, 2011. It was a very laid back wedding, but that is what we wanted since I was nine months pregnant. We then decided we would have a large renewal ceremony this coming June 2nd, 2012. Then just about 3 weeks later, I had my son Tristan on May 22! It was a very hectic month for us!
I enjoyed my summer as being a new mom and continuing to barrel race horses. I started my fall semester pretty laid back. We didn't have anymore surprises for anyone, ha.
I then started my fourth semester this month. Yes, this is my FINAL semester and I am super excited! I have really enjoyed my college experience thus so far. I can honestly recommend RCTC to any mom who wants to get a good education and still have time to spend with her family! I always have homework but am not crammed to the point where I can't sit down and just relax with my husband and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment